Friday, August 15, 2008

Insanely Thorough (And Maybe Thoroughly Insane) Blog About Steven King's "The Shining".



I'll have to admit, after reading the first post, I became obsessed with this blog. It points out timecodes, repeated and altered images and numbers, and differences between the movie and book that may actually have been intentional. That kind of stuff always catches my attention.

It's really cool, but then gets weird really quickly.

Unfortunately, the synopsis the author comes to totally lost me. I won't ruin the surprise, but when he revealed what he believed the whole movie comes down to, the whole point Stanley Kubrik was supposedly trying to convey, I felt dejected and a little silly.

Those that know me in real life (or at least on Myspace) may have already read my blog which opens with an imaginary dialectic with this guy.

Just to warn ya, some of the images are NSFW.

No comments:

Followers