Thursday, August 14, 2008
OK, so I'm on a bit of a Zelda kick lately. But this is a really cool video.
Welcome Stumbleupon Users! Thanks! Posted by Rani Baker at 10:38 PM
This cool video shows 12 major differences between the Japanese and English versions of "Legend Of Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link". It shows Japanese footage first and then English footage (in order of release date)
1) The elevator speeds are drastically different.
2) Battle music for bosses is different and notice the Japanese boss roars.
3) No Gannon in the Japanese game over, just roaring.
4) Only one head comes of in the Japanese version, and the helmet clanks on the ground in the US version.
5) Clean-Up of the way this boss dies.
6) In the US version, these creatures can only be killed by fire.
7) In the Japanese version, the lost child is in a cage.
8) The sound effects for talking and magic are very different. Plus the Japanese wizard has no animation.
9) The wizard boss looks very different.
10) Gooma is missing in the Japanese version; instead you fight Helmet guy again.
11) Japanese- Horseguy guards the false wall in Temple 5 - English- Horseguy removed and now just normal blue Ironknuckle.
12) The dragon boss Barba is totally different in both games, and the Japanese version roars.
The video is pretty neat, but listening to these two guys talk is VERY LIKELY (not just maybe) the dorkiest thing you'll experience today.